Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Grimey Feet and The Golden Arches


After joining some of our friends for a little bit of playtime this morning, we made our way to the Golden Arches with some gal pals for a little bit of refreshment. I ask myself this every time I leave, "What is the appeal of the Golden Arches?"


Answer: Mediocre (by mediocre, I mean tolerable by adults) kid-friendly food, cheap toys, low prices, and a small cage with slides to keep our children contained (at least temporarily).


The Fred left the Golden Arches today with the grimiest looking feet I have ever seen after she decided to remove her flip-flops to traipse around on the greasy, terra-cotta tiles. I doused her with hand sanitizer as soon as we hit our doorstep...it was no use. That stuff looked like it was baked on, so I scrubbed her down with an old toothbrush and some dish soap. I swear it was like trying to hold down a 100-pound dog to give them a bath. After I finished, I almost fainted when I turned around to find The Fred brushing her teeth with the toothbrush...YUCK!!! After I swiped the toothbrush, it was all I could do not to think about what she had just put in her mouth. Hopefully, the grain alcohol (I mean, hand sanitizer) had at least taken care of anything lethal. Maybe next trip, we will bring shoes that are not removable by The Fred.


Meanwhile, SweetBoy watches in awe at this crazy sister of his. I know that while he sits there sucking his thumb and staring intently, he is really planning ways to get away with the same things once he is mobile. That will be the day.

No comments: