Friday, August 17, 2007

Favorite Recipe: Zoe's Style Slaw

For any of you that have had the pleasure of enjoying Zoe's slaw, you know that this stuff is absolutely incredible. I have been trying to create a similar recipe for a while now, and I think that this may be the closest one yet. I really enjoy putting the slaw inside pita pockets with a few slices of dill pickle (Claussen, of course) and a slice of Provolone cheese. Yummy!

Zoe's Style Slaw

Ingredients:

1 bag of angel hair slaw
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 T. white wine vinegar
3 T. fresh lemon juice
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Combine slaw, green onions, and crumbled feta cheese in a bowl. In a separate dish combine remaining ingredients and stir with a whisk. Pour dressing over slaw and toss to combine. Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.

3 comments:

J said...

Yahoo, this is my crack! Now I can have it all the time!

Unknown said...

I tried it, and it's pretty close! Just to be clear, it's called "marinated slaw" -- it doesn't taste right until it's been sitting in the fridge for several hours -- I'd say at least overnight.

Anonymous said...

This is the closest thing to the real recipe ive ever seen. Bravo