Saturday, March 8, 2008

Favorite Recipe: Authentic Mojitos

The Husby and I discovered these while dining at The Grey House Grille, and we were both sold from the git-go. The version that we had at GHG were made with sour mix, but in true "Hemingway style," I decided to test out the authentic version of this recipe...as well as give my rusty bartending skills a good test. The product is pure perfection...enjoy!

Ingredients:

Fresh Mint Leaves
Powdered Sugar
Fresh-squeezed Lime Juice
Whole limes, cut into eighths
Bacardi Rum
Club Soda
Ice Cubes

Directions:

1) Put four mint sprigs into the bottom of a glass. Add 2 teaspoons of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of fresh squeezed lime juice. Use a pestle to pummel ingredients in bottom of glass.
2) Top with ice cubes. Squeeze lime wedge over ice and add wedge to glass.
3) Top ice cubes with 1/4 cup of Bacardi Rum and 3/4 cup of Club Soda. Stir and enjoy!

2 comments:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I expect s pitcher of these on my door step in about 10 days. That should give me plenty of time to have these babies and get back home.... Anytime is good, you don't even have to call first :o)

TS said...

Please take some mint leaves from the AeroGarden tomorrow! (You may have heard that DH hates mint.)