Sunday, August 5, 2007

R.I.P. "Bop-Bop"


It's official...the "Bop-Bop" (The Fred's name for her pacifier) was strategically eliminated today in one swift "cold turkey" blow! Yippee! I simply told her that the newborn babies at the hospital needed them, so we needed to give them away. She looked a little bit confused by my explanation, but only whined for a few minutes.

For those of you that have a "Bop-Bop" lingering at your house (under your couch or in the drawer for emergencies), hide them before we come over. The Fred will find them! After I put her to bed this evening, I heard her moving around about an hour later. When I peeked into her room, she was picking up all of the blankets, stuffed animals, and her pillow looking for a "Bop-Bop." Hopefully, this too shall soon pass...then, we can move onto the more pertinent things, like the dreaded potty-training. What can I say? All good things must come to an end, and the "Bop-Bop" is no exception. I guess that I will have to remove the phrase, "Plug it!" from my repertoire.


Here Lies

"Bop-Bop"

R.I.P.

March 28, 2005 - August 5, 2007

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences on Bop Bops passing.

We never had a Bop Bop, but our fish just went down the big toilet in the sky.

Of course he miraculously reappeared before Punkin' realized he was gone. Lucky us.

J said...

We'd also like to offer our condolences. I'm sure he was a good Bop Bop. Please let Fred know if there is anything we can do...

*Yankee Belle* said...

I would like to say my child would happily lend one of her 1500 "pita-pitas" (her name for the pacy) but once she gets word that they 'die', I think she might start hiding them. ha! Good luck!!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I'm guessing there will be no viewing? Should I send the flowers?

MommaDrool said...

"Bop-Bop" requested that, in lieu of flowers, all donations should be made to MAM, Binky, Munchkin, Gerber, etc.