Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Food Detox Plan



Now that we have all indulged over the holidays, it is time for some serious detox in hopes of trimming our waistline and improving our health. Whenever I need some assistance with lowering the calorie count, I always turn to my favorite standby, Cooking Light. Thanks to their website with thousands of recipes, you can enjoy some healthy cooking without a subscription. Here is the meal plan for the weeknight dinners this week...enjoy!

Monday:
Asparagus, Ham, & Fontina Bread Pudding

Tuesday:
Blackened Shrimp with Pomegranate-Orange Salsa & Basmati Rice

Wednesday:
Paella Valencia

Thursday:
Roasted Chicken with Asiago Polenta & Truffled Mushrooms

Friday:
Chunky Potato & Crab Chowder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. I'm using "Clean Eating" mag recipes to do the same. So far, so good. Delicious food, all fresh and super light. Miss y'all!

Dx said...

Please, please, please don't ask me to eat healthy food. I can't bear the thought of being fit again.