Monday, August 13, 2007

The Ring

Well, the Husby took me to the lake on Saturday for a little bit of R&R sans kiddos. Before we left town, Husby recommended that I take off my wedding rings and leave them at home, so I wouldn't risk losing them (also, because he had just decreased the insurance by half). I told him that I didn't like taking my rings off, so I was going to wear them (stubborn, I know).

When we got to the lake, we both jumped on the wave runner to ride around. In order to avoid a boat that was approaching the dock, Husby cut left quickly, and we flipped over. That was okay because it was a scorcher, and I needed to be cooled off. We took off across the lake and stopped a few minutes later on a beach to put on some more sunscreen. All of a sudden, Husby said, "Oh, shit! My ring fell off!" Of course, I was the one to blame because Husby said that I made such a big deal about not wanting to take my rings off. Great.

I was sure that his ring must have come off when we flipped, so we went back to the scene. We were close to shore when we flipped (I know because I fell onto rocks), so I climbed up on the rocks to look down into the water. Sure enough, a few minutes later, I FOUND THE RING! Thank goodness! I know...what are the chances?

But anyway, Husby's ring is back on his finger...safe and sound. And yes, after this incident, I did take both of my rings off and put them in the car with the Husby's. There are very few times I will say this, but I guess that the Husby was right after all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Statistically they have to be right at some point.

Hard as it is to believe.....

*Yankee Belle* said...

Shoot- my rings are never on my finger in water. They would turn green. JK. I am horrified of losing mine, so I never wear them. Awesome you found his tho. It was meant to be. ;)

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Man!!! I thought this was going to be some sneaky story about how he bought you this Mac Daddy, 10 carat diamond.... Oh well, just as well, Hubby does not need that pressure!

Candice said...

I'm glad that you found the ring. My hubby used to come home from offshore and tell me that he thought he lost his ring. It drove me crazy cause I had told him more than once to leave it at home. I never wear mine in water either, though. Too risky.