Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Favorite Recipe: Creamy Chicken Casserole

This may be one of the easiest recipes ever...and one of the yummiest! I can assure you that the kiddos and the husbys will love it and ask for it by name. To save time, I drop two frozen bone-in chicken breasts with rib meat in the crock pot with a can of chicken broth in the morning and cook them on high for 6 hours. Then, I pull off all of the meat and shred it between two forks...tres simple! Enjoy!

Creamy Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup sour cream
1 cup corn flakes, crushed
Pam cooking spray, butter flavored
white rice, cooked (4 servings)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream and mix well.
2) Spread mixture into a small glass baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
3) Layer crushed corn flakes on top of chicken mixture and spray top of corn flakes with butter-flavored cooking spray.
4) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Serve casserole over white rice.

2 comments:

J said...

AGAIN.... Can I pay you to come and cook for me. My poor husband might leave me if I bring home another Little Caesar's pizza. Oh the mouth-watering horror of reading the delicious delights you serve your family!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Sounds yummy! Think I will try this week...