Monday, August 20, 2007

The Power Nazi

The Power Nazi arrives at our home around the 20th of every month, and generally, plans a stay of about 3-5 days before going on hiatus until the next month. With the receipt of our latest power bill, the Power Nazi gasps and then proceeds to disconnect any item that could possibly use electricity. I am surprised that the Power Nazi has not decided to ration us down to one light bulb that we can ceremoniously move from one room to another as we change position in our home. I know that the only reason this plan has not been put into action is because the Power Nazi has not thought of it...yet.

For the next few days, the Power Nazi will follow us all...flipping light switches, turning off burners, turning down the air. And yes, the Power Nazi and the Water Nazi are related, but the Water Nazi arrives around the 5th and only stays for approximately 2-3 days.

5 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

I am freak like that too. ME = Power Nazi. I hate waste. EXCEPT my computer being on all day. That is the ONLY exception. ;O)

Candice said...

I am glad to know that I'm not the only one who is the Power Nazi. That is what I do most of the day and like Yankee Belle, it is ok to leave the computer on all day. But leave the lights on or put the ac higher than 80 no way. That's what they make fans for.

J said...

Hey, when the Power Nazi leaves your house, he must come to mine. Too bad that the few days he's here isn't enough to make a difference ;)

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I would put said "Nazi" out in the 106 degree weather until he thought the temperature in the house felt just right.

MommaDrool said...

Good idea!