Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wake-Up Call


The Fred has been sleeping through the night for quite some time now, so when I heard her screaming for me at 3:45 in the morning, I knew that something must be wrong. I jumped out of bed and ran to her room (successfully running into at least three large pieces of furniture between my room and her room). When I got to her room, she was sitting up in her crib calling my name. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "Momma, I'm ready to go to Chuck E. Cheese and play now." I had made the mistake of telling her that we were going there with her Aunt "A" the next morning...whoops...last time I do that. Eventually, I convinced her that she had to go back to sleep because Chuck E. Cheese was still sleeping too. Luckily, it worked...she was back asleep within 15 minutes. Word to the wise: do not coax your children to get in bed by telling them how much fun you will have tomorrow...you may get an early morning wake-up call. I know, this is Parenting 101...I must have misplaced my owner's manual.

1 comment:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Good to know!! Making note in very full notebook :o)