Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Please tell me that's not what I think it is...

The Husby has been a really great sport about taking on the chore of giving the kids a bath at night. This frees me up to clean the kitchen after dinner and prepare the necessary bottles and clothes for bedtime.

Well, last night, while bathing the kids, I hear the Husby yell from the bathroom, "Baby, come here...quick!" All that I can think is that one of my children is hurt, so I drop the broom and take off in a mad dash for the bathroom. As I round the corner, I see The Husby standing in front of the tub, holding StickyBun-Scotti in a towel, with a look of disgust on his face. When I ask him what's wrong, he simply replies, "Please tell me that's not what I think it is..."

As I enter the bathroom, I notice that The Fred is still sitting in the tub...she looks fine, but wait...what is that in the tub with her? Upon further inspection, I realize that their are several small little brown "things" in the tub. I look at The Fred and ask, "What is that?" The Fred replies, "It's mine!" Simultaneously, she reaches underwater, grabs a brown "thing," and pops it into her mouth. All I can say is, "AAAAAAHHHH!"

I grab The Fred and yank her out of the tub while The Husby just stands there with his mouth gaping. As I peer down into the water in horror, I notice the empty raisin box laying beside the tub. Aye-yie-yie!

4 comments:

My2Suns said...

That is too funny.

J said...

Oh no! You had me going for a minute!

Melanie said...

I was totally freaking out there for a second. You had me going for sure. Kate has only done the dirty once in the tub but that was enough for me. We've never had food in the tub before though.

random_mommy said...

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!