Thursday, November 1, 2007

Please Assign Mine At Birth...

Just a thought...what if we were all assigned a phone number at birth? Of course, this would be much like our Social Security Number, but much less important. Over the last ten years, my cell phone number has probably changed at least 8 times. The problem with this is that I can never remember my phone number, let alone anyone else's. I think that my brain must have reached its 1GB capacity reserved for phone numbers...

This thought came to me yesterday when I realized that one of my friend's cell phone numbers has not changed in, well, at least ten years, and I don't think that I will ever forget her number...XXX-XXX-2036. What is funny is that several people will read this and know exactly whom I am referring to in this post.

So, what if we just assigned each person a number at birth that we could always call to reach them? That way, I have a lifetime to get my number and yours right in my head...once again, just a thought.

No comments: