Wednesday, November 7, 2007

On My Top Ten List

One of the top ten things that I absolutely despise having to do is taking the kids to the doctor. It doesn't matter if it is a "sick" or "well" visit...I dread it...always. Today was one of those days, where both of the kids needed a trip to the doc. StickyBun-Scotti was not feeling well, and The Fred needed her flu shot.

So here it goes...Room #8 on the Blue Line...could these rooms be any smaller? I swear, every time the rooms seem smaller, or maybe, I just have more children. Whatever the case, The Fred never wants to be still and StickyBun-Scotti wants me to wrangle and entertain him the entire time. It never fails, by the time the doctor sees us, I have broken out in a full sweat due to my efforts to keep them content and contained.

One child down, one to go...it is time for The Fred's flu shot. As soon as I pull down her pants, she has figured out her impending doom. Is it possible for a two-year-old to be so strong? Luckily, the nurse gives her the flu shot faster than I can blink. A few Dora stickers later and the crying stops.

What ever happened to house calls? Does anyone do that any more? Or maybe, someone should come up with a drive-in service...you pull your car in (just like getting your oil changed), they open the door and pull your kid out, examine them while you answer all of the necessary questions, put them back when they are done, give you their diagnosis, you pay, and then, you are on your way. Of course, they would immediately e-mail any necessary prescriptions to your selected pharmacy for pick-up on your way home. I know, if only it was a perfect world!

1 comment:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I love the idea of the drive through!

Next time check out the Flu mist. Munchkin got that yesterday - it went so well, just sniffed it right up her nose!