Saturday, September 27, 2008

They Might Like Each Other



It has been a long time since The Husby and I have had a night out sans kiddos, let alone not having them for a whole 24 hours. The Boy Dentist and TerriblyShy were very good to us and have been entertaining them at their house. The Fred and StickyBun-Scotti were so excited when I told them that they were going to spend the night that I wasn't sure if either of them would get any sleep the night before.

Since it was just me at home yesterday afternoon, I got a lot of stuff done around the house...and I didn't have to be quiet. I got our HDTV cable and our DVR hooked up, so, needless to say, we have been having fun playing with the remote. The Husby took me out to dinner at The Melting Pot, and the meal was delish...and very quiet! After our three hour, four-course meal complete with a wine flight, we came home and crashed. I guess the only good thing to do when you don't have the kids is catch up on some much needed rest...but I'm not complaining.

2 comments:

Kim said...

that pic is freakin' adorable. i can't believe how big both of them are now. it's crazy. i can still remember them at panera when jay picked up SBS and the mabster got super jealous. he was just scootin' around then.

i'm glad you guys got a hot date night out sans the kids. i think that's very crucial in order to keep your sanity while appreciating each other's company. thank god for babysitters!

Kelly said...

I think date nights are important. It's nice to get out just the two of you and talk over dinner without feeling rushed or stressed because your kid is making a mess.

The funny thing is, whenever Miss P is gone for the night, we usually spend the whole time talking about how much we miss her!