Saturday, September 27, 2008

Please Burn a Copy for My Deserted Island


We have all heard the hypothetical questions that begin with: "If you were stranded on a deserted island..." Well, The Husby and I were riding in the car, and I decided to fill in the blank with my own hypothetical: "If you were stranded on a deserted island, and you could only have ten albums, which albums would you take with you?"

Now, for me, this is a very difficult question because I love music...all kinds of music. There are several albums that I could listen to over and over again without getting tired of them. Narrowing down this list really became a daunting task because I wasn't sure if I could live without some of my faves. Now, don't read too much into this question. We aren't concerned with exposing future generations to music with our selections. We are only worried about what we could listen to every day without it becoming monotonous and boring.

Luckily for The Husby, most of our selections were the same, so it would probably be okay if we could each only pick five. I might let him stay on my deserted island after all. My top ten album picks are not in any specific order...there was no way I could manage to rank them by importance. I'm sure that if The Big Drummer Boy reads this, I will have to make some changes to my list. He seems to be my spiritual brother when it comes to music, and he would probably think of something that I forgot.

Now, it's your turn to fill-in the blank for my hypothetical question...have at it!

1) Rage Against the Machine: Self-Titled Album
2) Incubus: Morning View
3) Tool: Aenima
4) Korn: MTV Unplugged
5) Dave Matthews Band: Crash
6) Outkast: ATLiens
7) Al Green: Greatest Hits
8) Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits
9) Seether: One Cold Night
10)Pearl Jam: Ten

3 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL! Hubby and I do this kind of thing all the time. We spent a car trip once talking about what songs we would have on our ipod if we could only have 100 songs.

I still haven't narrowed it down!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

If I were going to be stranded, I would load ALL of my albums on to my Ipod, and just take that. Problem solved!

J said...

Oh, we go through this all the time. Hubby tells me over and over about this one on his top ten or that. I'm like, good, that's great. But why limit yourself?

And ATLiens - classic. I knew I loved you. I'm more of a SoutherPlayalisticCadillacMusic girl - I like Peaches the radio dJ. "That's fat like hambone and tight like gnat booty" Shazzam!