Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Major Blog Hiatus

To say that things have been hectic, would be the understatement of the century. I have been receiving e-mails en masse (some from people I don't even know besides via my blog) asking if I am okay since I have not posted since mid-December. Everything is fine...just crazy as usual. I just started school on Monday at UAB. Here are some things I have realized since my return to school:
...we all acted like idiots when we were college freshmen
...you get smarter with age
...you appreciate time with your kids even more when you don't see them 24/7
...cafeteria food has gotten much better over the past ten years
...always look both ways...college kids don't see you or the red light when driving and talking on the phone

I know...there is nothing prophetic about these statements...just some observations. Once I get this first week under my belt, and my laptop back up and running, I will be resuming my regular posting...erratic as it may be. Until next time, Happy 2008!

3 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

Wait until project time, everyone will want to be your partner. Old people are alway smarter. Not to mention anal about getting the work done right and on time.

Kim said...

sounds like you're doing a great job. and seriously, watch out for the drivers on UAB's campus. they yield for no one! i have seen pedestrians get hit SOO many times while eating lunch inside the HUC! ;)

random_mommy said...

When did we become the old people??? AHHH!