Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stuck In a Rut...And So Is My Gut

Okay, as many of you know, I have been working my fanny off (I wish that this was a literal statement) working out with a trainer at Fitness Together. Things were great at first...I was pumped about working out and was doing cardio five or more days each week. Unfortunately, about eight weeks into my schedule, I have lost my gusto. Now don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with my trainer. He is wonderful...keeps me motivated...always has a new workout planned. For some reason, I started getting down on myself because I was not seeing the results that I had expected.

We all watch shows like "The Biggest Loser" where contestants lose 50+ pounds in three months. I guess that something in me was hoping that I would have fantastic results like that. I can't complain too much because I have dropped two sizes in my jeans, but the scale has yet to budge. I have even gained three pounds since I started working out...what the $#*@! Hopefully, I will find it in me to keep pushing myself and start getting excited about working out again. Maybe, once the holidays have passed, I will have a renewed outlook. Until then, I'm stuck in a rut and so is my gut...

4 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

6 months...You will for sure see results. Stick with it. You are looking fabulous already!!!

Jess B said...

Well, muscle weighs more than fat, so be encouraged that you are gaining muscle and losing the fat. You're changing your shape...you've lost 2 sizes. Hey, it's way better than I'm doing, sitting here with my handful of peanut butter M&M's.

Unknown said...

You know you can do this. We have been through the rut together at AU....side note: Man, I miss that gym...Anyway, the first thing you told me was that we would gain weight before we lose it. YOU KNOW THIS, WOMAN!
Here is some tough love for you- If you stop working out, do you think you will find better results?? Just a thought.
I am finding that pilates and yoga are my best friends.:)

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Hang in there! You most likely gained muscle and muscle burns more calories and fat. The Holidays throw everything off. You can do it!!