Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm Still Not Laughing

Yesterday was one of those days...you know the kind of day I'm talking about. It just seemed like there were a million things to do in a very small time window. By the early evening, we had reached meltdown status...the kids AND me.

The Husby needed to stay at work late, so around seven o' clock I was multi-tasking (cooking dinner, cleaning the bedroom, folding laundry, sewing our Christmas stockings, and trying to entertain the kiddos)...just call me "Martha." As part of the bedroom cleaning, I needed to empty the Diaper Dekor. For those of you that are not familiar, this is the same thing as a Diaper Genie, diaper pail, etc. Ours can hold about five days worth of diapers from two kids. The trick to emptying one of these is to do it as quickly as possible because it smells...really, really bad.

After tying off the old bag, I went running to the back to door to take it to the trash can at the alley. Just as I was opening the back door, I heard StickyBun-Scotti fall on the wood floor in the living room and start screaming, so I dropped the bag right outside of the back door and ran to get him. After a few minutes of consoling him, he was okay, so I went back to finish what I had started. At that moment, I remembered that we needed milk, so I started to call the Husby to tell him to swing by the store on the way home. Just as the Husby answered the phone at his office, I stepped out the back door and saw something that I never want to see again. As the Husby said, "Hello," I said, "I am going to KILL one of our dogs!"

Across our entire yard, as far as I could see, were shredded baby diapers...and baby shit...and dirty wipes...EVERYWHERE!!! I screamed...I cursed...my Husby laughed...but I wasn't laughing. Instead, as the children screamed and dinner burned, I stood outside in 34 degree weather shoveling a week's worth of baby diapers and wipes and poo into a trash bag.

The Husby is still laughing, but I have yet to find the humor...

3 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

I bet he would have stopped laughing had you left them for him. =P

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I would have left that for the Hubby who thought that was just so funny! Kudos to you for rolling up your sleeves, I wouldn't have!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with I'm a Mom, no way I would have "noticed" that before Hubby had a chance to. Come one, what are they for if not for situations like that?