Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Great Nanny Search

The hunt is on...for a full-time nanny. I am having the hardest time in my search for the right nanny. There are so many things that I want for my kids, and it is hard to relinquish the reins and trust someone else to meet their needs. I have been sitting in front of the computer for over 4 hours this morning just pouring through profile after profile of available nannies in our area. I feel like everyone is either too young, too old, lives too far away, can't spell (don't get me started...if you say, "I like caring for childerns of varius kines," you are not getting the job), can barely speak English, have too many personal obligations, or want to bring all three of their kids to my home while they care for both of mine (not a chance).

Can't I just find some nice, normal female that loves kids as much as I do? Something just scares me about leaving my kids with someone that doesn't have references that I know (not that this is any different than leaving my child at a daycare). I just wish that I knew somebody that knew somebody...that was everything that I am looking for in a nanny. Another mom would be a nice fit...I don't mind if one child comes with them...just not three. Oh well, hopefully, the clouds will part soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were going to Montevallo instead of UAB you could just drop them here everyday. Punkin would be so happy I might just pay you!

I'm sure you'll find someone soon. But I agree, you can't be too picky when trusting someone with your children and your home.