Thursday, September 20, 2007

Good Morning, Brother

Since moving The Fred to a big girl bed, she likes to visit with her brother in the next room when she wakes up in the mornings. I always know when she is awake because I can hear her talking to him over the baby monitor that is by his crib.

The first night that she slept in her big girl bed, I heard The Fred whisper over the baby monitor, "Brother, are you sleeping?" A few seconds later, I could hear SweetBoy giggle. When I went into his room, he was sitting in the middle of a crib full of stuffed animals. I guess that The Fred decided that he needed some company.

In the morning, after The Fred's second night in her big girl bed, I found her, with her pillow and blankie, laying on the floor beneath SweetBoy's crib. She was laying there "reading" him the books that she had found on his bookshelf. What a great big sis! I am sure that things may change in the coming years, but for now, I am enjoying how close they are to each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I hope you got the video camera out, too!

I am still amazed that your FIL made that crib. It is just beautiful.

J said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing! She is a great big sister!

*Yankee Belle* said...

Enjoy it! LOL - the day will come when they mess with each other... I rem those days with my bro VERY well. hee hee