Sunday, September 2, 2007

Escape!!!

For some reason, The Fred thinks that it is funny to run away from me...in parking lots. She finds even more humor in it if I have on heels...so, after church today, we went to get some lunch. It was The Fred's turn to choose, and she chose pizza...surprise, surprise!

After we finished our meal, Husby grabbed SweetBoy and the diaper bag, and I was in charge of the leftover pizza box and The Fred. Needless to say, as soon as we exited the door, she broke free and took off across the parking lot. I have nightmares about my child being run over in front of me, but she has complete disregard for my fears. I starting yelling her name, but she just started laughing...and running...so, I started running...in high heel sandals...carrying a pizza box. I am sure to all of the onlookers it was hilarious. Only once The Fred reached the edge of the apartment complex behind the restaurant, did she begin to slow her pace.

In a moment of genius, I did what any mother would do. I told her that there were big spiders in the grass that would bite her if she didn't come back to me. I know, I know...but, what is a gal to do? When I turned around, Husby was just standing there laughing. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. Of course, it had to start raining on my way back to the car. Here I am, carrying my child like a sack of potatoes...in a silk dress with heels...in the rain...

I can honestly say that my life is without any dull moments...

2 comments:

Candice said...

I agree, Why do they have to run away from us and laugh about it?? That drives me nuts. As for what you told her... I tell mine that if she runs away someone might take her and she will never see me, Papa, and Ryan again. I know it's harsh but, Wha cha gonna do? As for your husband laughing, Mine does the same thing. MEN

J said...

My Mom has always told me that the one time you'll want to kill em' is when they run out in the street. This coming from a woman whose child was hit by a car (not me - no, my lovable sister - oh and she was like 12 or something ;)