Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Adventures in Potty-Training: Take 2




Well, The Fred was off to a good start yesterday as we set out for our daily adventures in a new pair of "red-headed mermaid" big girl panties. After a final count of only dropping two #2 bombs on me and zero #1's, I felt as if our potty-training woes might be coming to an end. Oh, was I wrong!

At the start of day two of our saga, The Fred was in a full-fledged "all things potty" boycott. No panties, no potty, no tee-tee, no poo-poo...and especially, NO POTTY DANCE! Have I ever told you that my child can become extremely irritated (breaking into convulsions, screaming, and writhing on the floor) when I sing? It seems that today, even the potty dance is no exception.

After waking from her peaceful slumber, The Fred was compliant in letting me take off her Pull-Up and putting on her big girl panties (today we begin the day by donning princess panties- the assignment goes to the princess with the "brown hair, yellow dress, and hairy boyfriend"). The Fred asks for some milk as I turn on her favorite cartoon (the one that expands her ranting vocabulary to include snippets of espanol...sometimes, I swear she is cursing me in Spanish).

After receiving her milk, I hear "sssssss" behind me...this is accident number one of the day. This noise will follow me throughout the rest of the morning...soaking the "blue princess with the glass slippers," the "dark-haired princess with the seven sidekicks," and the "Arabian princess with the great abs" all before noon.

It is nap time now and the Pull-Up once again reigns supreme. Adventures in Potty-Training: Take 2 will resume later this afternoon...guess I need to do some laundry before I run out of princesses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Punkin' pooped in the top of the plaything at McDonalds this morning.

By the time he came out it was falling out of his pants, down his leg, on the floor, etc.

This hands down was my worst parenting experience so far.

And why? Quote:"Because I wanted to keep playing".

Grrrrr.....