Wednesday, December 10, 2008

30 Things To Do With Your Kids: Day #1

 



Since I will be home with the kiddos for the next 30 days, I thought that it would be fun to try a different craft or activity every day for the next 30 days. For our "Day One Project," we decided to build and decorate a gingerbread house that we received as a gift from TerriblyShy and The Boy Dentist. With the Kwik Build Gingerbread House Kit, I was confident that even I could build a pretty cute looking gingerbread house in just a few minutes. The kids were very excited about this project. Who could blame them? How often do you get to be creative with three of your favorite things: cookies, icing, and candy?

I do have to say, the end product came out much better than I expected. The kids were great helpers with the decorating, and as long as we worked faster than the candy was being eaten, we would have plenty of candy left for decorating. After dinner, we each enjoyed a slice of our gingerbread house masterpiece!

Today, we will be making Wonder Pets Christmas Ornaments...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kim said...

super cute, and great job!

*Yankee Belle* said...

lil B said "So cute"!!! =)

Unknown said...

Ok, I have a suggestion of a thing we did when I was little, which I loved, and it's easy. Spread (salt free) peanut butter on a pine cone and cover it with bird seed. Hang it on a tree near a window so the munchkins can watch the birds eat.