Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Great Pumpkin Patch

We went with all of our pals to The Great Pumpkin Patch last week, and it was a blast...well, everything except trying to carry a large pumpkin and a large infant across a pumpkin patch while coaxing the older one to follow along.

I was excited to pick one of the beautiful, round, bright orange pumpkins...The Fred had other plans. After wandering all the way across the patch, at least the length of two football fields, The Fred had no plans of returning to the covered wagon where her friends were waiting. When I asked her what she was doing, she simply replied, "I am looking for my tiny pumpkin." A few minutes later, she exclaimed, "I found it!" As she reached down into the dirt, I noticed that she had picked out a small, oblong, yellow and green...thing...that I could only surmise was a pumpkin. All I could think was, "They better not charge me six dollars for this thing." When we returned to our group, one of the pumpkin patch workers told me that we could just take it because no one else would want it...yes, I know.

For the next two days, The Fred and her pumpkin were inseparable. It rode in her lap when she was in her car seat, it slept in the bed with her for nap time, and sat on the edge of the tub for bath time. Do you ever wonder what goes through their little heads?


1 comment:

*Yankee Belle* said...

Pumpkin can be your new baby! Soothe those maternal instincts with it! ;)