Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fitness Together

For my birthday/anniversary present, I begged the Husby to let me give Fitness Together a try...luckily, it wasn't too hard to persuade him, so he told me I could try it out for 5 weeks.

I was really nervous on Monday when I went in for my first appointment. I met my trainer, John, and after a few minutes of discussing my health history and my goals, we jumped right into a weight routine to gauge my fitness level. About twenty-five minutes into the workout, I started getting dizzy...then, I threw-up...twice. How's that for gauging my fitness level? An hour later, we started stretching and cool down...thank you, God.

After I left on Monday evening, I could barely walk...by Tuesday, I was limping around...by Wednesday morning, I looked like I needed a walker to help me around the house. Time for Round Two. Wednesday evening, I went in for my second appointment...cardio and my fitness evaluation (weighing, fat-pinching, measuring, and all). To my surprise, I can bench press 85 pounds, do 15 push-ups (yes, real ones), and run on the treadmill for 20 minutes...wow! Who would have thought?

I left, this evening, feeling really good about myself. I have committed to working out 6 days a week, 2 weight-training days and 4 cardio days. My trainer and my nutritionist have both assured me that I can reach my goal of losing 20 pounds in 5 weeks...let's keep our fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Mommadrool! Goals are great and you know how to reach them. Good prep for the Saturday race and beyond. We're with you all the way. G & P

Melanie said...

I'm still laughing about you throwing up... twice! Not that throwing up is funny, but just the way you put it. I know it didn't feel funny. Hope you know I'm sending love your way as I don't have the guts to work out that hard, or work out at all.

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Way to go! Hang in there, you will feel so good.

By the way, I dry heaved on my Trainer on my first appointment, I bet they get that alot! I was so embarrassed I swore I wasn't going back, but I did and lost 37 pounds in less than 3 months!