Friday, November 7, 2008

The Constant Gardener...Literally



StickyBun-Scotti may have actually been lucky enough to inherit his father's green thumb. I, on the other hand, have very little to contribute to the world of gardening. I haven't tried my hand at it in at least five years, but my thumbs were very brown back then. I can only hope that things have improved. I assume that if I am capable of caring for two small children, I could not be too inept.

At first, I just thought that StickyBun-Scotti really liked dirt...playing in it, throwing it...eating it, but it seems that he really likes caring for plants too. He is just like The Husby...he craves order and is focused when there is a task at hand. And God forbid, you try to stop him mid-task or change the routine, you may be met with some opposition. Every time we visit TerriblyShy and The Boy Dentist, StickyBun-Scotti asks to go outside to care for the flowers...and yes, I am using the term "care" very loosely. Regardless of whether he is doing more harm than good, he sure does look darn cute while he's doing it! Maybe Unk will give him a job in a few years...

2 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

Can I borrow him?! OMG - so precious!!! I have a black thumb - my kids have no hope. =P

TS said...

After y'all left, we noticed that he had color-sorted the mums, with the yellows moved away from the russet-colored flowers. Cutie-pie.