Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Book Review: What I Read Last Week

Okay, I am taking a relatively light course load over the summer, so the studying and assignments have yet to pile up. With a little more free time on my hands, I decided to take any spare moments last week to read a few books that I have been wanting mark off of my reading list. To my surprise, I was able to breeze my way through five books. Let the review begin...

by Khaled Hosseini

4.5 out of 5 stars

Wonderful book! One of my favorites from the stack...plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing.

A Thousand Splendid Suns
by Khaled Hosseini

5 out of 5 stars

I enjoyed this one the most! Maybe because it followed the story of two women, so I was able to sympathize with their plight. This one was definitely a page turner.

Beautiful Lies
by Lisa Unger

4 out of 5 stars
I loved this book so much that I read it in one sitting...a very quick read. Just my kind of story...a mystery with lots of suspense and even a touch of organized crime. Sexy and thrilling!

Sliver of Truth
by Lisa Unger

4 out of 5 stars
This was the long awaited sequel to Beautiful Lies, and it was more than worth the wait. Just as good as the first book and loaded with new spins on mysteries that we only thought were "solved" in the first book. Another quick read!

The Pact
by Jodie Picoult

3.5 out of 5 stars

It seems that most of the reviews that I have read were better than my impression of the book. I just didn't feel like the ending was strong. Interesting book, but in a "deeper meaning" sort of way.

1 comment:

Seis said...

Wow! I am truly impressed. I am a librarian, and I was on vacation. I only got one book read, and I was bragging about it. How in the world do you find the time?