Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

There is nothing better than Mother's Day...a day to enjoy how great your kids are and to get plenty of "mommy love" from your family. When I woke up Sunday morning, I was happy to notice that the clock read nine o' clock. I had stayed up half the night watching the weather and keeping an ear out for the tornado sirens, so I was happy to have the extra sleep. When I rolled over, I realized that The Husby was already up with the kiddos...is there anything sweeter?

When I entered the kitchen, The Husby was busy preparing breakfast. Have I ever mentioned that this man is a fabulous cook? The Husby had whipped up a breakfast that couldn't have been better if I had dreamed it up myself. We had egg sandwiches on sourdough ciabatta with sopressata, Havarti, and hot pepper relish...dee-lish!

The Fred and StickyBun-Scotti were excited to give me my cards and my present. The Fred's card was outfitted with SpongeBob, and it said that she loved me because I make sure she has clean underpants...funny...and true. StickyBun-Scotti's card was sweet and made me tear up because he had scribbled his "signature" at the bottom of the card. My present was a new all-in-one printer to replace the one that someone mysteriously broke by putting irretrievable Barbie accessories into the paper feed...hmmm...I have a feeling I know what partners in crime were behind that disaster.

After church, we enjoyed a wonderful three-course meal at The Plaza II, complete with Caesar salad, filet mignon, and tiramisu. Both kiddos were on their best behavior, so lunch was very enjoyable. After lunch, we did our traditional Sunday grocery shopping for the week before heading home for nap time. The Husby and I enjoyed some quiet time together and watched a movie while the kiddos were sleeping. After nap time, we enjoyed a late dinner with The Husby preparing shrimp quesadillas....once again, dee-lish! I'm starting to wonder why I don't let him cook more often...

All in all, it was a wonderful day with my family...a Mother's Day that I will not soon forget. To all of my fellow mothers, I hope that your Mother's Day was as wonderful as mine because it feels good to be appreciated. Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! Does your hubby give lessons?

My hubby did cook breakfast. However, he ignored me while I had sat and ate a bagel with cream cheese BEFORE he cooked. Duh.

Kelly said...

What a great Mother's Day. That breakfast sounded like heaven!

My breafast was an egg McMuffin from McDonald's. I think I need to have a talk with the Hubby.