Sunday, February 10, 2008

Not Exactly What I Would Call Romantic

As everyone knows, we are quickly approaching Valentine's Day...one of my favorite days of the year!  In the beginning of a relationship, I believe that it is important to give romantic or sentimental gifts...just to let them know just how much you care.  Well, these days, I tend to lean more towards the practical than the sentimental.  


For our wedding anniversary this past year, I gave The Husby a picture that I had made for him.  The picture was of the skyline in St. John (where we were married), and the stars were arranged exactly as they were on the exact date that we were married.  It was sweet...sentimental...but not something for The Husby to get too excited about.

I decided that for Valentine's Day I was going to get him something that he really wanted...something he could really get excited about.  Over the past few months, I have been paying very close attention to any comments he has made in hopes of selecting the perfect present.  Finally, I figured out the perfect gift...a chainsaw. 

What says, "Happy Valentine's Day," more than a chainsaw?! 

Anyway, I don't think he has ever been so excited about a gift that I have given...who knew that it could be so easy?

4 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

Amen sister! This is the first year I told hubby he could buy his own gift. He is on cloud nine with his new fishing reel. If that isn't love, I don't know what is!! ;)

Poodlehead said...

I bought my hubby a Webkinz. Weighed in at only $6. I saw a charge on our credit card to a PAWN SHOP for $750. He is being coy about it. Did he get me a Camaro motor? What the hell? 2 more days to find out.

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Gifts? We do homemade cards... No gifts. How romantic!

Kim said...

i just give mine dirty deeds in the bedroom. it seems as if it's the only thing he ever wants. . .and i'm cheaper than another hobby. heehee. =P