Monday, February 18, 2008

"Daddy The King"

The Fred has started creating imaginary situations where she assigns names of cartoon characters to all of the members of the family. Currently, her fascination is with all things "Little Mermaid." A few weeks ago, after renting the movie from the library, she decided to assign our "Little Mermaid" names. She told me that she was "The Little Mermaid," StickyBun-Scotti was "Flounder," I was "The Sea Witch" (yes, I know, how sweet), and that The Husby was...get this..."Daddy The King." Of course, "Daddy The King" has been relishing in the glory of his newfound title.

Well, as some of you know, we have been mattress shopping for the past several weeks. We have been to just about every store in town, but our stop at hhgregg was nothing but memorable. When we entered the store, The Husby went in one direction, and I went in another direction with the kids. A few seconds later, The Fred saw The Husby walk out of an aisle on the other side of the store. She yelled at the top of her lungs, "Wait, Daddy The King! Wait for us, Daddy The King!"

Of course, everyone in the store stopped to look. I'm sure they were all wondering why he made his kids call him "Daddy The King." I can assure you that the looks on their faces were even more priceless when she yelled, "Hey! Stop, Momma Sea Witch!" Something may have been lost...like a specific consonant...in translation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is pretty funny. Punkin loves the LM, but hasn't called me the Sea Witch yet. Around here I am the queen, Punkin is the king, and Daddy is the dragon.

I can live with that.

(Of course some days I am a buttwipe and Daddy is a butthole. I still think I win.)

*Yankee Belle* said...

Hubby and I can sing several of the songs in it. Maybe if we would shut up, lil B would enjoy it too.