Tuesday, July 22, 2008

And They Call It Work

I recently started my position with Children's Hospital, and I am loving every minute of it! It is hard to believe that something that is so much fun and so rewarding can really be considered work. I am working in the PACU (Pediatric Anesthesia Care Unit), so I get plenty of patient contact and am learning a lot along the way. Things are very fast paced, but that is how I like it!


I have been able to meet and spend time with some very precious children, and my "mommy skills" are definitely coming in handy. This experience has further confirmed that I have decided on the right career path, and I hope that I can remain with Children's Hospital for many years to come. You know that I love something if I am excited to get out of the bed before the sun comes up! And they call it work...

8 comments:

Seis said...

So, glad you are a nurse. It takes a special person. I should know a nurse raised me. Those kids are in great hands.

Unknown said...

awww, that's so wonderful to hear. i am very happy for you. Luv, julia

Kim said...

congrats on loving your job! i knew you'd be an excellent nurse at children's. god definitely knows where you need to be placed, and i know those kids are loving you!

Candice said...

I'm really glad you love your job. I once read a quote of some sort that said, "If you learn to love your work, you will never work again." I so need to find something that I love.

Minnie said...

It's a great feeling to love your job. (I say this as a woman who adores her job:)
Good for you!

Hear Their Everywear said...

Rock on! I cannot wait to begin my student teaching in the fall. I feel the same about teaching as you do nursing. It defiantly takes a calling!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Very good! You are definitely a special person to be able to handle that everyday!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I think nursing is more than a job, it's a calling.

I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying it so!