Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bottoms Up...Or Down

I have a great husband for many reasons, but one of many reasons that I love him is because in all of the time that I have known him, he has never left the toilet seat up. Now, this is not an exaggeration...never. I have become so used to the fact that he has never left the seat up that I never even think to check and make sure that it is down when I go into the bathroom.

When I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, which I do at least three times a night, I never turn on the light in the bathroom since it shines directly onto out bed, and the light switch is outside of the bathroom...so closing the door and turning on the light is not an option.

Well, the other night, I was making my second trip to the bathroom...groggy and half asleep as I stumbled my way to the toilet. When I got into the bathroom, I pulled down my pants and went to sit down...SPLASH! Wet hiney in the toilet! In all of the years that I have known him, the one time that my husband decides to leave the seat up is when I am trying to go to the bathroom in the dark...of course.

1 comment:

I'm a Mom!..? said...

This happened once, very early in our marriage -- I unleashed a wrath like no other, it's never happened again. There is nothing worse than your ass hitting the cold water in the middle of the night.