Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Great Summer Fun: Splash Pad

When I say that I love this place, I mean it. I really love this place. You might get a different response when you ask me again in July, and I am battling a 110 degree heat index...but for right now, the weather is perfect for some Splash Pad fun. You just can't beat a place with great kid entertainment for free, so I decided to give this place a try. The combination of a splash park and a playground all in the same place is such a great idea. Covered picnic tables make this the perfect place to spend the morning, followed by a brown bag lunch. The Splash Pad is part of Celebration Park located in Gardendale, Alabama off of the Fieldstown Road exit. You can visit the Gardendale Parks & Recreation website for more details.

1 comment:

Kim said...

woot-woot!! love the representation of the g'dale! :) but seriously, splash pad is fan-freakin-tastic. even better that it's 2 minutes away from my house. i'm glad ya'll had a great time. hopefully, you won't be sick of it in july because come july and august, that's where abby and lyla are having their birthday parties, and we'd love to see the whole fam there!