Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tent Time



I don't know about you, but growing up, Auntie "A" and I made a daily business of making what I will collectively refer to as "sheet tents." You know what I'm talking about...draping the sheet off of the back of the couch and securing it with whatever heavy object you can find nearby. Of course, once we had honed our skills, we could easily make a state-of-the-art tent out of nothing more than a bath towel and some phone books. We kept this up for many years, and I will never forget the look on my mom's face every time she enetered the room to find that a "sheet tent" had taken up residence in the living room...a pure mixture of "not again," "I just picked up in here," and feigned excitement. I get that now.

Since The Husby has been working most of the weekend, I felt that now was the time to pass down the time-honored tradition of the sheet tent. I do have to say...I am impressed by their novice skill. Leave it to The Fred to make the resourceful incorporation of the "Chip Clip" to prevent the sheet from slipping...sheer genius. I think that they are well on their way to making a name for themselves in sheet tent construction...The Husby will be proud.

1 comment:

Kim said...

ahhh, we use to do this ALL. THE. TIME. at my grandmother's house. it's amazing how something so simple can be so much fun. husby definitely would be proud!