Monday, January 12, 2009

It Takes A Whole Village...


Most of us are familiar with the adage, "It takes a whole village to raise a child."  I am realizing the truth in that proverb now more than ever.  After receiving my clinical assignment at the end of last week, I was extremely discouraged.  The assignment makes me feel guilty for having to be away from my children during time that I am used to spending with them, and it is sometimes difficult to figure out ways to maintain a balance.


Thank goodness for the overwhelming support that I have received from friends and family.  Whether it was a good laugh, some encouraging words, an offer to help with the kids, or a hug, I appreciate it more than you know, and it makes me realize that only with the help of the "village," can we really raise our children to be the best they can possibly be.

2 comments:

Kim said...

girl, you know i am here for you if you ever need another margarita at lunch. i am SO proud of you, hang in there!

Anonymous said...

We're going to make it through this girl! <3 Long live the Cooper Green Gang