Monday, August 4, 2008

Ready, Set, Salsa!



The Husby was kind enough to let me enjoy a Mom's Night Out a few weeks ago. I enjoyed some much needed quality time with my favorite "mommas" at a local Mexican restaurant before heading to a salsa lesson at the studio owned by Fabian (and his wife Jackie) from the TV show "Dancing with the Stars." For those of you that watched the show, Fabian was Marlee Matlin's dance partner.


I arrived at dinner late...imagine that...but was happy when the waiter hurried over to get my drink order. Can anyone say "margaritas?" I asked for a margarita on the rocks, and the waiter asked me if I would like a small, medium, large, or jumbo. I have learned from all of my shopping at Sam's that it is always cheaper to buy in bulk, so I order a medium margarita. In my mind, medium would mean between 10 and 12 ounces. When the waiter returns to the table, he is carrying a glass the size of a pitcher with a straw in it! All of the other "mommas" start laughing hysterically because they think that I have ordered the largest drink on the menu. Much to my surprise (and theirs), in Mexico, "medium" must be more like 32 ounces...but no, I was not complaining...
After some riotous conversation and enough margaritas to let us float out of the restaurant, we headed to our salsa lesson. I'm not sure if our instructor was prepared for a room full of drunk "mommas" trying to learn how to cut a rug. All that I know is we all were too intoxicated to notice that we weren't very good. "Seis" was my partner for the evening, and she kept me laughing the entire time!

We all decided that we should take another salsa lesson again soon, but we were all in agreement that we will wait to have our margaritas until afterwards next time!

4 comments:

*Yankee Belle* said...

We talked while drinking?! I do not recall that. ha! Good times, good times.

Little Red's Momma said...

Great pic! You look Fabu Da'ling

Anonymous said...

I was thoroughly impressed with your salsa dancing skills!

Kelly said...

Look at me daintily sipping on my small margarita looking longingly at the medium!

Good times!